Sunday, April 3, 2011

culture shock

Culture shock seems to be a thing of the past...Praise God...every once and a while I have my moments, but it is much better than before. So, last week was a BIG week...our team leader and his wife(nic and rachael) had their baby girl (on Monday.) Rachael was very sick, and almost died, she lost 6 liters of blood...but thank God she is okay...it is a miracle she is alive...our God is so faithful! While they were having a baby our team was moving to a new house. We are very thankful for this new home. It is closer to the school and closer to the city(which means closer to every thing like grocery stores and humans LOL) It is not as secluded as the last place, and it is HOME, we only share it with our Shores of Grace team. Please keep our whole team in your prayers as we transition to a new place and as Rachael continues to heal.
So....today I went to the favela church, the place I love the most. I got to see my children and color with them. I was asked to lead the church in communion which was a whole lot different than the US...I was supposed to preach, but this got lost in translation, so maybe next time I will preach. I was very nervous being up in front of the church, it's not where I'm comfortable, but God can do anything in us if we are willing, and I am willing to let Him do anything in me. I just want to serve Him even if some things make me feel uncomfortable, He is teaching me so much, and I truly am believing the scripture that says "I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me."
Since I've moved to a new house I have very limited internet access for now. I am enjoying a small break at the mall right now.
I am also praying that as you read my blogs you will pray or think about supporting me financially. I am really not able to share God's love without each and everyone's financial support and also your prayers....so here is a website you can donate so that I can continue to share the love of God with everyone I encounter in Brazil
http://www.shoresofgrace.com/about-us/ministry-staff/winnie-moyer
thank you for reading this....if you have any questions email me at winnie@shoresofgrace.com or you may also send me a facebook message...I look forward to coming back the US and seeing all of you this Summer....but I am very excited about all God is doing right now in and through me in Brazil....

1 comment:

  1. Winnie,
    I am glad that you are over culture shock! This week, Rochelle mentioned my "Winnie blanket"(the blue one we bought at the yard sale) and was telling her friend that everytime she uses it she prays for you guys. :) It caught me off guard and slightly guilty for not praying for you guys as much as I ought to be. :)

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete