Thursday, August 2, 2012

Newark, NJ to Hong Kong, China

Hey friends....it's been a while since I've blogged, but I had a few people ask me if I could try to keep them up on how things are going in China by blogging, so I'm going to try.  I am sitting in the Hong Kong airport waiting 10 hours for a connecting flight.  My first flight (newark to hong kong) was pretty good. It was a 15.5 hour flight, and after a while it did feel that long. I remember saying to the person next to me, we are only half way to China. The flight wasn't too rough, there was about 20 minutes where I thought we might crash and die, and I wanted to hold the hand of the man next to me, but we were all okay, just a lot of clouds and turbulence.  The movies on the plane were all pretty good, but I would get about 15 minutes into them and fall asleep. I am so excited to get to the orphanage in Fuzhou I just can't wait!  I want to be awake and not sleepy, so I'm sleeping every chance I get.  Being in the airport alone is a little scary, but I'm around a bunch of people (some speak english) and I'm just hanging out.  Oh, I got through immigration and customs with no problems  :-)  In about 5 hours I will recheck my bags and wait 2 more hours and head to Fuzhou, my final destination for the next two weeks.  I am thinking of all the kids I get to work with and for the staff too. Please join with me in your thoughts  for everyone I get to work with!!  Well, this is a pretty boring blog, but it's just to let everyone know I got to China safely and I'm feeling very excited for all that Dad is going to do while I am here!!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment